I have 6 weeks to go until Zoey is here. As you can imagine, my to-do list is getting long enough for it's own zip code and I worry I'm going to forget to do something before it's time to go to the hospital. I know all moms go through this as they approach the big day and begin their nesting, but those of you who know me... and I mean really know me... know that I'm overly OCD about planning things and getting them done.
I'm down to weekly appointments that include both abdominal and vaginal ultrasounds to check on Alberto and my cervix. I was lucky enough to kiss the high risk dr goodbye and keep my care solely in my OB's hands. I had to ask for it though... luckily, they agreed. I wasn't interested in going to 2 appointments a week for the rest of this pregnancy when my OB is perfectly capable of sending ultrasound images to the high risk clinic if necessary. So we worked it out. Yay me :)
Zoey moves a lot more since we got the first pair of steroid shots... it's like they dosed her up with caffeine. She apparently thinks she's a musician and has taken to my ribs as a xylophone. I'm trying to cut a deal with her and offer a new pair of bongos for her birthday if she'll chill out for the next 6 weeks but I'm not sure she's buying... the second set of shots will be the week of her eviction and I don't look forward to them. They hurt going in and it burns, burns, burns after they take the needle out and the steroids "settle."
It's okay though. I'm thankful to even be in this weirdo situation... I'm just waiting for someone to offer me some money to put this case of vasa previa in the medical journals... seriously, don't I deserve that much?? I should copyright Alberto before it's too late!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

heck yeah! you should totally get money for your jerk placenta! come on doctors. don't you wanna study jessi?! haha.
ReplyDeleteshe's gonna be so cute! i bet she'll have lots of hair. what do you think? i bought her a present. it was cute and i just couldn't resist. haha.
Oh boo....steroid shots are by far more painful that the epidural...so that's some good news..LOL. A blessing that they exist to enable to make her develop a little faster. Im excited for you! I know how "magical" and exciting it is, those weeks before you meet your new baby. FOR SURE, the most exciting thing that can ever happen to a person. It's nice to be able to "plan" around a concrete arrival date. I preferred that my second time around actually; of course, that had much to do with the fact that I had a 2 yr old already to "work" around..lol. I cant wait to meet her! I hope Zoey, Maple, Autumn, and Emily can be great friends! Girl overload..I tell ya!
ReplyDelete