Sunday, January 31, 2010

Nursery Progression... plus, I need your help!

We've been working feverishly in the nursery as we anticipate Zoey's upcoming debut... everything is coming together fabulously, but now it's time for me to get my creative bones crankin'... the Cricut is about to be worked harder than ever as I start cutting out flowers to hang from the ceiling and vinyl words to stick on the walls... as you can see, we've done a lot already:I've ordered this light switch cover off Etsy because it goes absolutely perfectly with the bedroom colors (I did not do the outlet covers because when she's mobile I don't want her attracted to the outlets!)...
Now I need a little help! I've been looking for a really cute lamp shade cover, that's obviously different and fun, to go in her room. I prefer Etsy because... well... no offense but I don't want her room to look like everyone else's... if you couldn't already tell from the nursery decor I picked out. I found two on Etsy that I like a lot and I'm not sure which will look best... both are colorful and would fit the bedroom's fun ambiance, but I just don't know which will be the best, ya know? What do you think?
I'm leaning towards the 1st one (I'd ask for green ribbon), but the flowers on the 2nd would look great, too... I'm just not sure if the owls are a bit much. I love all the different trees on the 1st one. Let's take a poll... what do you think???

11 comments:

  1. Did you know option one is the fabric print from Pottery Barn Kids'"Brooke"bedding," which is Maple's bedding? Her sheets are in this print. LOL, that is so funny that you found that.

    I will say that for your room I like the darker brown shade, option two, because it's a nice contrast to the walls and goes well with the dark brown furniture! Even the green ribbon is very similar to the accent wall color. However, I am really not diggin' the "pink pompom" accents.

    So put my vote in for Option Two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessi, I agree with Kristin... I like the second one as well... the first one is really cute but just seems a little blah...and as for the pink poms... well I could take them or leave them... they are fine either way.But definitely the brown is mine and Haylee's vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally disagree. haha. i think the first one. i think that the white background matches your current color scheme a whole lot better than the brown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Amanda! I think the first one goes best with the rest of the bed stuff! I really like the white one actually. :) Either way, Zoey's room is going to look lovely. It's coming together perfectly! :) You're such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally like the 2nd option although I think the 1st option would look best in the room.

    You guys did a brillant job - it looks soo great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First one! Tie breaker....buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I accidentally lost your blog for awhile after I re-did my computer- eek. So glad everything is going well, besides the previa of course :(

    The nursery looks lovely! I like the first shade with it, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the first lamp!

    BTW, I nominated your for an award. Come and get it :D

    ReplyDelete