Monday, June 8, 2009

A Bizzare Excursion in Dream Land...

In the wee hours of the morning I had one of those dreams that causes you to wake up completely disoriented, drowsy, and afraid. I haven't had a dream this vivid in about a month and I hope I don't have anymore anytime soon. This vivid dream occured between 6:45-7:14 a.m. when I was supposed to be in the shower.

So I was in this elevator that was more like the middle section of an entertainer's tour bus... there were 9 bunks and a closet, a big window in the back, and the elevator door in the front. There was also a big window in the ceiling. The elevator was at the very top of a 3-tiered building, and apparently it didn't go all the way to the ground. You had to go to the bottom of that tier, get out, and go to another elevator to get down to the next tier. Each tier was probably 50 floors. This was a huge building. For some reason, I was on the top floor of the top tier... I needed to work my way all the way down the bottom. So I get into the elevator with probably 8 people and we all push which button we need. The first stop was supposed to be for this blonde woman.

Well, when we got to her floor, the elevator had an error message and after stopping for a brief second, we continued to slowly go down. Well, she was upset because she missed her stop... and then, the elevator started to speed up and we could hear and see breaking cables above us. As you can guess, we fell several stories and it felt like it took forever to stop. We were falling so fast, we were all kinda floating in the elevator and all trying to prop ourselves up so we weren't touching the floor when we hit bottom. But no one wanted to be IN a bunk either in case they collapsed when we hit. Yes, it took THAT long to hit, we had time to contemplate all this, lol. Someone was also frantically pushing the emergency button so where was a loud panic siren going off.

So, we hit the top of the second tier, and everyone is still for a moment. Turns out, we're on the OUTSIDE of the building now on this ledge... and too many people were in the back of the elevator, so it started to tip backwards... we all started running to the front to try and stop it because the front was up against the building... well, we fell... and we fall for a LONG time and at this point, we can see out the back window that we are falling into the ocean! Some people kicked out the back window and jumped... the rest of us stayed in and just waited to hit the water. When we hit, it wasn't nearly as bad as we anticipated, and we just so happened to fall near a bunch of Marines' boats. I woke up as I was crying in the dream and felt totally out of it.

When I finally got out of bed, I had this sense of panic because for one thing, I was supposed to be getting out of the shower, not just getting out of bed. I got up and still felt terrified and confused. I stumbled around until I got into the bathroom and it wasn't until I started washing my hair that I started to calm down. I haven't had a dream affect me like that in a while... there was a brief period a month or so ago where I was having wacky vivid dreams but I don't remember being this scared when I awoke.

I think I'll be taking the stairs instead of elevators for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment