Monday, January 12, 2009

Another week in Lowes Land

Renovations are coming along beautifully! We spend a lot of time in Lowes... my goodness. This blog will feature several photo updates. :)

This is the red accent wall in the living room...

Accent wall and the normal wall color...
The green dining room getting its laminant flooring...

Father & son, tiling the kitchen floor :)

The cabinets look so much better once you remove the 20 year old grime and add new handles & hinges...



We painted the walls in the kitchen a neautral color and then went back over it with a darker tone with rags to give it a Tuscan feel :)


All the painting is done, and in regards to the floor, all that is left is half the living room. We're almost done! Everything should be finished and ready for final move-in this weekend. We've moved a lot of stuff already and the only big thing left is our bed. Other than that it's all small junk. This weekend we bought a gently used washer & drier set off Craigslist for $300. When I say gently used, I literally mean gently used... as in barely used... as in we scored big time. :) We also got a great deal on an awesome refrigerator from Best Buy that will arrive tomorrow morning.

The tile in the kitchen looks even more beautiful every time we mop it... it has been mopped 3 times and hand washed twice. The grime left over from grouting is very difficult to get off, but it's coming. There is still dust everywhere... it's a filthy wreck in there, but we're doing all we can to minimize dust. We started cleaning the apartment, too. The spare bedroom and hall bathroom are done and have been closed off so our 3 furry critters can't get in there. In fact, the kitties will get to see the house for the first time this week. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I can't wait to see it! Its looking great! I am so excited for you guys and your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great! Love the 'No Fear' with your color choices. Can ya come to Florida & help me choose?!?!?
    Hope to get to TN soon & I won't miss the stop to see your new digs......Luv, A.Janet

    ReplyDelete